Oleda’s Personal Blueberry Drink For Summer (or any season)
Posted on June 29 2018
Your Very Best Anti-Oxidant Fighter Made Right At Home Helps Keep the Cells of Your Body Youthful!
“An antioxidant is a molecule that inhibits the oxidation of other molecules. Oxidation is a chemical reaction that can produce free radicals, leading to chain reactions that may damage cells. Antioxidants such as thiols or ascorbic acid (vitamin C) terminate these chain reactions.”
This is an Easy-To-Make-All-In-One-Container Meal… and is one of my personal nutritional recipes I have used for years.
No time to shop or cook? Need energy in a hurry? Just want to keep the cells in your body as healthy as you can? Make this drink! It’s filling, delicious and very healthy.
I sometimes have this for lunch 4 or 5 times a week. to give the cells of my body a real boost.
Here’s what you need:
- A blender
- Large container of Vanilla Yogurt (32 oz.)
- 2 to 3 cups of blueberries
- 1 to 1/12 cups of strawberries (I buy large bags of both berries and keep them in the freezer at all times).
- 1 or 2 Bananas (if you don’t have them it’s good without them)
Here’s what you do:
- Put blueberries and strawberries into blender. (You can defrost lightly in microwave or let them defrost sitting in the blender.)
- Cut banana in large pieces and drop in blender.
- Put about ½ or more of the Yogurt in blender to start.
- Mix well, then add more yogurt to almost fill blender leaving room for honey…sweeten to taste. Before pouring turn blender to liquify or puree for best results. If you still have yogurt left over, pour part of the Health Drink into one glass and add remaining yogurt into blender, mix again.
This will produce 4 to 5 glasses of delicious, fortifying health drink. Have one glass now and put plastic sandwich bags over each of the others. Refrigerate, and drink one each day.
NOTE: Blueberries have the highest antioxidant content of all fruits and strawberries are right up there, too. This drink is great for eliminating those pesky free radicals.