Let’s stay hydrated this summer! Oleda’s Tasty Simple Summer Drink
Posted on July 27 2018
We all know that water regulates our body temperature and lubricates our joints. Water also helps transport nutrients through our body to give energy and help keep us healthy. If you're not hydrated you may feel tired, have muscle cramps and could even suffer from dizziness.
Here are a few signs that you might be dehydrated:
Signs of dehydration:
- Sticky or dry mouth
- dry eyes
- feeling fatigued
- muscle cramps
- dark urine
But you’re not limited to tasteless water. Here’s that tasty summer drink that’s also good for hydration:
Lemon Basil Iced Tea
- 1/2 lemon thinly sliced
- 5 fresh basil leaves
- 2 Green Tea bags
- 3 cups hot water
- Honey- sweeten to taste (optional)
- Cut and add thinly cut lemon slices, fresh basil leaves, green tea bags to pitcher.
- Pour hot water into pitcher and steep for 15 minutes. Remove tea bags. If adding honey, do now, and stir.
- Place pitcher into refrigerator and chill completely for 4 hours.
- Pour into glass and drink as is or add ice before pouring.
- Have a happy, healthy, hydrated summer!